Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rodriguez Family Visit

Over the past week and a half, David and I were able to have Carmen, Kendall & Collin come stay with us here in Oakland. They flew out to California the evening of their last day of school. We had tons of activities planned out for their week long stay but got off to a rough start. On Friday we had planned to take the siblings to this arcade called Dave & Buster's and the Chabot Space Center where they have free telescope viewings on Friday and Saturday evenings. Neither of those activities worked out and luckily we came across a park that we decided to explore. So Friday was nothing like I had planned/imagined, but things were much better for the remainder of their stay.

On Saturday we attended our local farmer's market where we bought some produce and ended up exploring another park called Tilden Regional Park. That evening we attended the San Jose Earthquakes soccer game against LA Galaxy. Getting into the game was a little stressful, because parking was tight and the ticket lines were very confusing but once we got in it was so much fun! We had great seats, the stadium was packed (unlike an A's game) with lots of families, and it was a great match. However, I did feel bad for the Earthquakes goalie since they did lose 3-0 to the Galaxy. Lastly, watching David Beckham play only added to the fun. Carmen & Kendall were intently watching him after the game waiting for the moment Beckham would take off his shirt through a set of binoculars and the zoom of their camera!

I hope that Carmen, Kendall & Collin enjoyed their stay with David & I. We definitely enjoyed having the company and planning events that we would not normally go to. I think I'll post some of the other things we did in the coming days.

2 comments:

The Mothership said...

what a fun visit. Your dad was telling me that they were all going to go, and I was excited for all of you. I'm glad you all enjoyed it! Looking forward to more posts!

shaunie said...

How fun having your siblings around! I miss mine. It's fun to laugh, tease, talk with them.