Saturday, March 29, 2008

White Coat

Last night was my white coat ceremony for school. It is a ceremony that marks the transition from class room learning to clinical learning. I will be beginning my clinical rotations this summer and my first rotation is at homeless clinics in San Francisco. I am excited for finishing my first year in May! This year has gone by so quickly and I have learned so much! I can't wait for the many exciting experiences & opportunities that I will encounter over the next few years.
The evening included a dinner/reception following the ceremony. David's parents were able to attend & sat with my classmate Mark & his wife who are also fellow BYU-Idaho graduates.

7 comments:

Ben said...

How exciting for you! I think it would be fun to actually start applying what you've spent so much time learning. Good luck with finals and all end-of-semester fun, if you can call it fun.

Ben said...

And that was Shaunie on the above comment. :)

Kari said...

Wow, look at you in the white coat! That ceremony looked pretty fancy, I like the sparkling cider they got for the mormon table. Love your necklace! Can't wait to see you next week- tell Dave what up!

nataley said...

Kristin! Congrats on the white coat! That is way exciting. Of course I love looking at you and davey baby's blog!

Kelsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelsey said...

Hey Kristin! Congrats on the white coat! You look great! I'm sure the next half of your classes will be very adventurous.

Ben said...

Congrats on the white coat! I had a cool idea and thought you might dig it. You guys could watch the old Hitchcock movie Vertigo and figure out all the landmark places in SF they go to and then have a Vertigo tour of the city and outskirts. Just an idea. I might be applying to a school near you guys so if end up there...VERTIGO TOUR!!!! Yes I'm a nerd.