Sunday, April 26, 2009

Washington

Things have gotten really busy around here as I prepare for Finals and we have started a few projects to do around the house. Before all this, I got to have an awesome spring break where I traveled home to Washington & spend over 5 days with the wonderful people I call my family. Here are just a few of the things I got to do while home.

I hung out with Keldon & Carter and show them some of my tools and dye Easter Eggs.
Collin & I went with Grandma & Grandpa Gibbons' to his PT appointment and then got to have lunch at Zip's. Grandpa told me they had the best fish & chips he has ever had...and he was right! If it had not been for Granpa's suggestion, I don't think I would have ever tried their fish & chips. It was also nice to spend some time with Grandpa without alot of people around. During our day together, I did find out that my great grandpa was a Utah State Senator. (How did I not know this before!)
I had lunch with Carmen & Kendall and they accompanied me on my business dealings during the trip. These two girls are goofy and can not make their mind up on anything! It took over 15 minutes for them to decide where to eat. I only bring this up because we were in Pasco, had we been in a big city like Seattle or SF maybe I could understand. But perhaps this is why they're so easy to get along with. The picture below not only demonstrates how gorgeous my sisters are but also the not-so-fantastic photo skills of my little brother.
Some other quick highlights: Going to lunch with Dad. Play basketball with the family. Jumping on the trampoline. Getting invited to a party ;). Riding Collin's motorcycle. Watching Collin's Soccer Game(where, I might add he had 4 assists). Attend Kendall's track meet(who won her 4x1 relay). Helped Carmen with her resume (to finish her senior project). Eating really good food made by Mom. Feeding my aunt's longhorn steers. Dying peewee eggs. Eating Easter Eggs. Getting a Easter Basket. Going to church on Easter Sunday with my family. We did so much more than that, but that's all I can remember for now.
I had such a great time while in Washington. It was so sad to have to leave to return to school, but I am so excited when I will be back home for an entire month in August for school!

I also found out that United Airlines will now have a direct flight from San Francisco straight to Pasco, Washington. You have no idea how excited I am to be able to get home in as little as two hours. All I can say is Hallelujah!

While home I did receive some very helpful tips & advice on texting from two very knowledgable professionals. (Although the advice came after they made fun of me & my (ancient) phone.) But I thought I would be generous enought share some photos of the two professionals honing their craft.

4 comments:

Kari said...

I have one word for you- jealous!

Kelsey said...

You look so cute on the dirt bike! Sounds like a great trip home! Good luck studying!

Family said...

awww... how fun!

nataley said...

oh fun! i love going home. ok that picture that collin took of you, carmen and kendall is making me laugh- so funny that he cut off half of your face!