Saturday, February 14, 2009

At the Shark Tank

David and I attended a San Jose Sharks game a few weeks ago with Rob & Candi. The Sharks have had been playing an awesome season going 22-1 at home thus far into the season. Many of our other professional teams have not done so well(aka SF 49ers, Oakland Raiders, GS Warriors), so I was stoked to see a game that I was sure we were going to win.
Once the game started there was not an empty seat in the entire "Tank" and we scored the first goal within minutes. By the end of the 2nd period the score was 3-1 and I was excited to win. In addition, if the Sharks scored 4 goals everyone gets free Round Table Pizza and this family loves Round Table! So with only one goal left to get in the last period I was sure we were going home with a late night snack. Unfortunately, the opposing team did not give up and they ended up tying the game at the end of regulation. The game ended up going into overtime and we still did not score. Our hopes for free pizza were dashed, but hopefully we hoped the sharks would prevail in the shoot out. In the end, the sharks let us down and the Carolina Hurricanes went away with the only 2nd visiting team win at the Shark Tank this season. I was blamed for the loss after excessively talking about going to a game where the home team wins.
Oh well, we had a blast with Rob & Candi who drove over an hour just to come to the game! The Sharks had an awesome home crowd and it was so much fun watching & cheering. One of my favorite parts was the crazy loud foghorn that goes off after a Sharks goal is made and that crowd goes crazy making large Jaws motions with their arms! It was definitely one of the best sports events I have been to!

I'm hoping my siblings can appreciate the name of this country radio station. ;)

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Darn for not getting Round Table Pizza! I sure miss it & not being able to have some here stinks! Sounds like a crazy game!

Kari said...

OK, I thought you went to a REAL shark tank, with actual sharks....you tricked me!