Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's Hip to Be A Square...Right?

The other night I was telling some story about things that happened in class that day with a classmate. Here is how it went down:

Me: Today (insert name) said this really funny comment in class.

David: (insert name)? I haven't heard much about them. Are they Cool?

Me: ...umm...I don't know.

David: Are they nice?

Me: Yeah... But wait, do you realize who you're asking to determine if someone's cool? I'm like the only girl who's married and doesn't drink, smoke, or dress in cute trends. I'm like one of the uncoolest people in the class.

David: I guess you are pretty mild compared to everyone else.

Me: Hey, It's hip to be a square! (jokingly)

David: Oh my gosh, you are a square! (not so jokingly, more like teasing)

Me: Oh Thanks!

In honor of our conversation:


I'm in the throws of final exams and have spent too many hours cuddling with textbooks and notes instead of David(who happens to be a lot softer and more responsive than paper). Finals are not the funnest thing to endure, but it definitely forces one to review all the material that has been taught over the semester. For too many classes, it is the time when that tricky concept finally "clicks" and it totally makes sense. I've taken four finals and have just five left for next week. After Friday afternoon I will officially be on Christmas vacation and I can not wait to get to Washington to see my family!

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

Glad to hear you're just being yourself. That is always cool. :) We'll have to give one another a call in WA. We need to catch up and you can meet Michael.

Michael and Anita said...

Good luck with finals, if you're not already done! :)

Kari said...

Squares are cool, and I bet you are THE coolest person in class. Can't wait to see you guys!

Ben said...

This is quite the conundrum becasue the fact that you posted a Huey Lewis and the News video means you're cool. But you say you're a sqaure. Maybe there is such thing as a cool sqaure. I hope I'm one too. Good luck with finals, I just finished my coursework for the M.A. program. Dchool is cool. When I was a kid Huey Lewis and the News was my favorite band. ¡Vivan los esquares!